Devotionals and University Forums
Devotional and Forum assemblies are held regularly during the course of the year for the inspiration and general education of the campus community.
Because devotionals and forums are university wide events, all speakers for these activities must be cleared by the Executive Committee and the Board of Education before being approached regarding participation in either a forum or a devotional. Proposed names are to be submitted to the President’s Council for review and the President’s Office will then oversee the preparation for submittal to the Executive Committee.
1. Times Scheduled: Devotionals are generally held on Tuesday at 11:00 a.m. Forums are held and scheduled on Thursday mornings at 11:00 a.m.
2. Classes Not Scheduled: No classes are scheduled during the time reserved for these events.
3. Employee Attendance: All BYU–Hawaii employees, with the exception of those working on a rotating basis for emergency services, are expected to attend regularly.
4. Student Attendance: Students are expected to attend devotionals regularly.
5. Emergency Services: Emergency services will be maintained by rotating personnel assignments.
6. Offices Closed: All offices and services will be closed, including the following:
o Food Services - The Cafeteria and Seasider will not serve food between 10:50 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
o Library - The doors will be closed at 10:50 a.m. No entrance will be allowed until 12:00 p.m.
o Testing Center - Tests will not be issued after 10:15 a.m. The Testing Center will close at 11:00 a.m. No entrance will be allowed until 12:00p.m.
o Health Center will remain open.
o Aloha Center - The doors will close at 10:45 a.m. No entrance will be allowed until 12:00 p.m.
4. RELATED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Executive Sponsor: Vice President for Academics
Original Approval by President's Council: 09/01/2000
Full revision history maintained by Human Resources.