COVID Policy: Employees Return to Campus
As students are currently being invited back to campus in a careful, phased approach, it is time to begin planning for our employees to return safely to campus as well. Our intent is to use the remaining time in November and December to reopen campus in a safe and controlled manner. By making and testing plans over the next weeks and adjusting as necessary, we hope to be fully ready to accommodate all students, whether face-to-face or remotely in Winter Semester 2021.
In correlation with the invitation extended to students to return to campus, Brigham Young University – Hawaii is committed to support these efforts by having our employees provide full campus services. Simultaneously, we are taking every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees during this transition.
The following guiding principles will be implemented, effective immediately:
- All campus functions should be open for normal operating hours beginning no later than December 1, 2020. In most cases, this means Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Working from home may still be an option, but enough essential workers must be present at all times to provide full services and a fully functional workplace within safety guidelines. Working from home will be coordinated and approved by appropriate Deans, Directors, or Managers. Working remotely from out of state will not be approved.
- Social distancing (of at least six feet) between employee workstations must be maintained. If the current office configuration does not allow for appropriate distancing, the following measures should be considered:
- Reconfigure the layout of workstations where possible.
- Vary the work schedule to offset employees using the same workspace (with some working remotely as assigned).
- Other solutions as approved by the Dean/Director or line Vice President.
- All employees must follow the COVID Policy: Face Covering (Facemask) Policy while on campus.
- In-person meetings may be held only if masks are worn and social distancing (of at least six feet) can be achieved.
4. RELATED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Policy Owner: Director of Human Resources
Executive Sponsor: Administrative Vice President
Approval by President's Council: 11/20/2020
Full revision history maintained by Human Resources.